Hazy’s note: Undercover Bookworm just turned 1 year old this September! Last weekend, it was… and I forgot! 😆 Weatherly and I thank you, dear readers and followers, for your continued support and for reading our posts! Again, we thank YOU! ❤
I will try my best to start doing haiku posts again. And as a token of my gratitude, here’s the long awaited conclusion to The Lord of the Rings haiku trilogy.
Book Summary and Thoughts in Haiku on: The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings Vol. 3) by J.R.R. Tolkien
Denethor, I loathe
Loves first son more’n second son
Makes Faramir sad
Faramir, to war
Comes home wounded, *almost* dead
Father thinks son’s dead
Funeral pyre built
To burn dad and son
Denethor, you’re nuts!
Book Summary and Thoughts in Haiku on: The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings Vol. 2) by J.R.R. Tolkien
Boromir is gone
Treebeard and the Ent council
To fight Saruman
Riders of Rohan
Defeat icky, scary orcs
Meet man, dwarf and, elf
Wait, did you see that?
Aragorn saw an old man
Oh, hey! It’s Gandalf!
Book Summary and Thoughts in Haiku on: The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings Vol. 1) by J.R.R. Tolkien
Bilbo left a ring
To Frodo Baggins, his heir
Ring, must keep secret
Gandalf reveals Ring
Turns bearer corrupt, evil
Forged by the Dark Lord
All posts this week will be related to Halloween (not much, really, since I only post something twice or thrice a week 😀 ). Something creepy, something chilling, or something supernatural, perhaps?
And so it begins…
Summary and Thoughts in Haiku on: The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe
His eye unnerved him
Obsessive thoughts formed in mind
Old man’s life, must take
Book Summary and Thoughts in Haiku on: Artemis Fowl (Book 1) by Eoin Colfer
Arty’s a genius
Young criminal mastermind
Hero or villain?
Kidnaps Holly Short
LEPrecon, not what you think
Armed and dangerous
Book Thoughts and Summary in Haiku on: Emma by Jane Austen
That’s what she attempts to be
Dear Mr. Knightley,
Kind and honest gentleman
Girl you love, lucky!
Words exchanged, harsh truth
“Epiphany” is one of my favorite words… and I just had to insert it here somewhere. 😀
Also, adding in a new section…
Quick Quotable Quotes
- “I do not know whether it ought to be so, but certainly silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way.” – Emma
- “There are people, who the more you do for them, the less they will do for themselves.” – Emma
- “Men of sense, whatever you may choose to say, do not want silly wives.” – Mr. Knightley
- “You must be the best judge of your own happiness.” – Emma
- “Vanity working on a weak head, produces every sort of mischief.” – Mr. Knightley
- “I cannot make speeches, Emma . . . If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more. But you know what I am. You hear nothing but truth from me.” – Mr. Knightley
- Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised or a little mistaken . . .
Other related posts: